MSMS is a volunteer driven non-profit organization and was officially organized in May 2011 with board members comprised of Mattapan residents and local business owners.
Mattapan Square Main Street (MSMS) was incorporated in December of 2011 as Boston’s 20th main street program, designed to be the community catalyst as the driving force in in transforming Mattapan square into a thriving and robust commercial and cultural district. Mattapan is rich with vibrant culture, tradition, and history and we welcome you to join us as we weave these extraordinary elements into a Mattapan Square for the 21st century.
MSMS looks to partner with you! So, we hope that you will join us for community meetings, business workshops, holiday gatherings and other events that will strengthen the fabric of the Mattapan community.
Our Mission: is to promote Mattapan Square as a culturally and economically rich commercial district in collaboration with community residents, business owners, property owners, volunteers, and other stakeholders by focusing on design, economic restructuring, organization and promotion.
We are Committed to:
1. Creating programs and initiatives that are developed “By US” instead of developed “for us.”
2. Focusing on community building and economic vigor for Mattapan using the Main Streets 4-point Approach.
3. Honoring the unique and cultural diversity of the community.
4. Building on the strengths of Mattapan’s residents and local businesses.
5. Seeking broad community involvement and participation in MSMS’ work and activities
6. Building and sustaining a strong MSMS infrastructure to assist local businesses.
MSMS is a volunteer driven non-profit organization and is always looking for volunteers to help continue the work.